O'Brien Bookseller of the Year Award
Nominations have closed. Find out who the winner is on Monday 27 February at the Irish Book Trade Conference.
Who is eligible?
Any Bookseller who:
- Operates on the island of Ireland
- Works in, manages or owns a bookselling business
- Has a minimum of three years’ experience as a bookseller in Ireland (not necessarily with the same company)
The winner of the 2023 award will be decided by the following jury:
- Laura Fitzgerald, Gill Books
- Sarah Hunt, Argosy Books
- Eamonn Phelan, Gill Hess
- Ivan O’Brien, The O’Brien Press
How to Nominate
Download a copy of the nomination form by clicking here
You can submit your nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations are now closed. The award will be presented at the Irish Book Trade Conference Dinner on 27 February 2023.
The O'Brien Bookseller of the Year Award has been presented annually since 1995 in recognition of outstanding achievement or an invaluable contribution to the book trade by an individual bookseller.
The winner's name is added to The Elements, a bronze perpetual trophy sculpted by Rowan Gillespie, one of Ireland's leading sculptors. The winner keeps the award for the year, and also receives a framed commemorative certificate.